Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small Terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. I've asked this question before, but i've gotten a bit of a better idea as to what I think I would like dont with it...

I have this teency tiny aquarium that I want to turn into a terrarium... It is one foot long, half a foot wide, and eight inches deep; 2.5 gallons...

Yes, I know its small...

I was thinking fo planting a bunch of smallish drosera in there... Hmm. Good idea, no?

Here is a list of my thoughts.

1. If I used annual drosera, then they could sorta propogate themselves, and they are small plants to start with, so they could make an interesting little scene in there....

2. If I used tropical dews, then I would have a year round little dewy scene, pretty and dainty...

3. Perhaps using drosera that are not as demanding lightwise... Itmay be easier for me, BUT, i do prefer that they are not ultra light DEMANDING...

4. Last one I think... Are there an Utrics that I could sorta pop in there to shoot up the odd flower?

So, can anyone help me with working with those idea?
    I appreciate it!
    Thanks
    Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it would work.... just get some clumping dews and in no time you'll have a carpet. It should look real nice under grow lights. Maybe one D.aliciae and one D.adelea. Once they become crowded they'll start growing more up and they'll create a sundew forest.( it looks really good)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay. someone answered!!!
    Hehehe... I'm not in loads of love with either of those, but I dont hate them either... Do you have any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can try these plants if you want a spreader dew: adelae, alicaie, and even capensis sometimes pop out plants via roots. (if you need a palce to find them, email or message me.)

as for a utric with flowers that "pop" out, try bisquamta or sandersonii.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll fall in love with them once they form a sundew forest. I think capensis well get to big. I might sugest a couple more, wait until tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Do those two utrics smother out the dews, or should it be ok? I jsut figured a little something, but i dont need to add anything...

What about D. spatulata? Does that go dormant? Ooh, Ooh, cuneifolia? How about that? How big are alicieas? I am thinking of something smaller, and prefferably low prostrate rossetted...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could add one of those.(cuneifolia) I don't think it will clump though. D.spatulata doesn't go dormant and would work fine. D.aliciea is generally low and rossetted.( although I tried to make mine "climb" once) D.adelea would add some nice heighth though. Do a google search for D.aliciea I think it looks better than D.spatulata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finding a cuneifolia wil be HARD...i should noe lol. Umm..the utrics wont smother a thing, it may look like, but i have utrics in most of my plants and no harm is done.

alicaie getts to be about 2 inches in diameter before it flowers. You should think about gettign a tall terrarium cuz the dews' flowers are pretty tall. spathulata gets a little larger.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast