What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bical dichotoma

Check out this bical dichotoma some guy's got growing up the road. That's a 12 inch pot

102-0287_IMG.JPG

Yes indeed! This is what happens if you give them lots of room, lots of water, and lots of light. I had one single crown of Drosera binata var. multifada produce a pot like this in 2 seasons worth of growth, with plants growing out of the drainage holes as well. It is well worth experimenting with to see if you can grow the plant outdoors in your climate. It really is an outdoor sort of plant. I can't give mine too much light or water outdoors. Here it does fine at 40% relative humidity. The plants are often black with captured prey, and are awesome to behold when they are large and dense like this. I wish I had a GH! I would try to grow this plant in a hanging ball of LFS kept on the wet side. I bet in 2 seasons the plants would be growing from all points of the sphere, and what a sight that would be!

Tamlin, stop giving me ideas lol!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Feb. 20 2003,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes indeed!  This is what happens if you give them lots of room, lots of water, and lots of light.  I had one single crown of Drosera binata var. multifada produce a pot like this in 2 seasons worth of growth, with plants growing out of the drainage holes as well.  It is well worth experimenting with to see if you can grow the plant outdoors in your climate.  It really is an outdoor sort of plant.  I can't give mine too much light or water outdoors.  Here it does fine at 40% relative humidity.  The plants are often black with captured prey, and are awesome to behold when they are large and dense like this.  I wish I had a GH!  I would try to grow this plant in a hanging ball of LFS kept on the wet side.  I bet in 2 seasons the plants would be growing from all points of the sphere, and what a sight that would be![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
droooollll, I gotta see your gh some time!
I have an idea, why don't you cut some 2 inch holes in the side of the pots? it would be cool not to see the pot and only a big, hairy, ball of dictonoma!
wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check out this bical dichotoma some guy's got growing up the road. That's a 12 inch pot
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> Hey, could you tell me who this 'unknown guy
tounge.gif
' is? I'd like to see his plants, is he on pft?

I really don't know much about him. The owner of the greenhouses let me see it. I'll have to find out if he in online and get him to join us.

Tim,

I don't have a greenhouse. I grow all my plants in the naked outdoors in the warmer months.

WOW! That is nice! Wouldn't mind haveing the greenhouse in my back yard either
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Back