Thread: Pygmy Pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Here's an update for you all:
    July 8, 2004

The PVC pipe has held up very well to the light and water. I was worried that the endcaps might fall off, but that is not the case. The pots seem as strong as ever.

As for the Drosera, take a look. I'ver very happy with the results!

Now that the dry season is upon them, I let the water level drop down to 1/2 inch. I'll keep you updated as to their condition as the seasons progress.

All these plants are from gemmae that you provided last November.

thanks again,

Homer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful job! Beutiful plants! I've got mine in plastic sample containers that come with handles. Same idea. Just not as pretty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to take Copper's advice and try Menard's. I looked at Home Depot and theirs were too rounded on the ends.
    Home Dept is like the #2 retailer in the World, last time I checked(behind....WalMart-shock), abut they never seem to have what I want. Lowe's(only in Omaha, not here in Lincoln) seems to have more intersting tropicals and supplies, and reasonably priced too.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On cutting the pipe, I have not seen them personally, but I saw an ad somwhere that had special pvc cutters. Whether it works on something this big in diameter, I have no idea.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice healthy looking plants. My own use of deep pots has been very successful as well. I used the tall square tree pots that are almost open at the base, and a very loose sandy coarse mix for the summer sensitive species. As the mix compacted it sunk deeper into the pots, but I was able to raise it to the former level by stuffing some LFS at the base and pushing it up. I can tell if I need to water by feeling this moss, and a quick dip into the tray sucks up just the right amount of moisture which then diffuses to the surface making it just barely damp. It is working like a charm!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123