Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera cuneifolia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are looking a bit cappy at the moment, which is interesting as my slackii is looking great!! And to rub salt in, my seedling are about the same age as yours Sean!!

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the seed George. You can always get a plant off me if yours don't work out.

Regards,

Sean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right rub it in!!!

I think there is still to much temp fluctuation for the small plants. They are also quite wet, I asumed they would like this being seedlings, but might try drier conditions.

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,

I think it has got more to do with the temp fluctuations than the moisture level. Mine are quite wet and haven't seemed to mind it. The temps in my greenhouse are much more manageable than yours and I think this makes the difference. I seriously think you should consider chucking on some white 50 % shadecloth for summer. It won't cut out as much light as you think, the species you grow in there that require the high light levels will still grow fine.

Just something to think about. You've got to get all of those great Drosera seedlings to maturity so I can trade you later on [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,

Sean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that you think the temps. play the major role, I have always thought that wetness would be the issue, What temp degrees are you referring to? Night time drops must be getting rare for you.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more the extremes of temperature during the day. I'm not exactly sure how high the temps are getting- George can be more specific on this- but I have been in there in the morning on a not so hot day and the heat was oppressive. I can only imagine how hot it will get in the middle of our summer.

Moisture may have something to do with the problem but I thought in this instance the heat may be the determining factor.

Sean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can get very hot very quickly. It got to 40 something the other day and got to 50+ last summer. I usualy move out all the non tropical plants before this happens... The thing I think is the problem is the speed at which this happens, 10 degrees in 15 min is not uncommon! But the slackii is loving it as are the regia!

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Here are some pictures of one of my plants :

Drosera cuneifolia at 09/23/03

Drosera cuneifolia at 11/16/03

Drosera cuneifolia 01/31/04

Christian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12