User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT'S ALIVE! IT'S AAALLLIVE! WHAHAHAHA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT'S ALIVE! IT'S AAALLLIVE! WHAHAHAHA!

I planted some D. capensis seeds about a week ago and have been checking them each day. This morning, for the first time, there were four little green sprouts (actually, my fiance was with me and she pointed them out.)

I don't know how many I'm going to get because I soaked the whole pack of seeds for 3 days and then poured them onto my peat/vermiculite (2:1) mix.

DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Be prepared to wait a couple of months before they get big enough to eat anything.

Good growing!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Good job on those seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I know how awesome it feels. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe, pretty exiting eh? are those the seeds i gave you or are they from somewhere else? Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of D. capensis, did those seeds I gave you Zongyi_Yang ever sprout? I had a crazy sucess rate with them.

If they are the same ones here is what the grown up plants will look like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, yes, they sprouted a week after i got them. i thought i told you already, but maybe i got too exited [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . the rotundifolia is still in stratificaiton. my capensis is still producing ovalish leaves, and are not like lines yet. they are getting pretty big now [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . i got a few seeds capensis seeds from some other kind people too. ive sown theres in separate pots too and all of them are doing fine. i believe i gave some of the seeds you gave me to cchang when i met him [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] . Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh... so you (Zongyi) gave me D.Capensis seeds from Seedling. Then I should be thanking both of you for your generosity.

I already had a D.Capensis from Schloaty but since Zongyi included them in our trade, I figured I'd try growing more sundews from seed. They are very pretty the way they glisten.

The feeling is quite different than say purchasing one from a store or acquiring from trade. Almost proud and satisfying.

On a seperate note, Zongyi, how's that N.Tobaica doing that I gave you? Let me know through PM as this is the Sundew area.
    DOH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast