What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera whittakeri

Nice plant! I hope my clones will look the same...then I can possibly cross pollinate them...

Jan

Very nice Joseph, wonderfull work.

What kind of medium are you using??
The plants never go dormant??

Tamlin is right. D. whittakeri subs abberrans(sp?) is the one that is known for producing a colony, so I would guess it's that one.
Good job, Joe! Any GA3 or smoke water, or just stubborness to get germination, lol?

Regards,

Joe

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Thanks everyone.

I have been using a combination of media ingredients staged and layered in the pot like my web page diagram below.

This page shows how I pot most of my CP:

Planting a Plastic Pot

They have never shown any tendency to dormancy, yet.

No special treatment. Just waited a long time for seed to germinate. I had actually given up on a group of little plastic sealed trays I had sown various CP seed into, this was one. But I gave them each one last look-see, scanning the surface of each one with a 10x loupe. I noticed a tiny green speck that looked like it might be a Drosera sprout. Then I kept a closer eye on the speck. It was so pale, almost white, I thought for sure I was going to lose it, or that it was an albino (entirely without chlorophyll and not capable of surviving). Then it gradually got stronger, until it became what you see in the photo today.</span>

Back