What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.regia not doing good.

Hi. A month ago i poted my praty well grown D.regia wich grew a new leaf every week to a new and bigger pot. Three weeks ago i took it to my boarding school (from home) and it was still doing good. One morning some cats for some reason got attracted to this pot from few others and they knocked it down. It was damaged. Mainly the roots and the leavs wilted. I arraenged it back in the pot covering it with a big plastic bag i made out of Nylon. My parents took it back home and i saw it was starting to grow back again.Smaller ans dewless leavs but it was still growing in the bag. I was probably too confident in that that it will gropw back with not much problem in some time so i removed the clear plastic bag and placed it in its first location with 2-3 hours of morning direct sun. After two weeks(today) i came back and saw there are no grren parts on the plant... I got much cooler now 20-26C at day and lower at night so i hope it helps. Can i do any thing else to helps it(bring back the bag and the shade)? Some thing else? Does any one have any experiance with D.regia comog back too life after something like that?

Any help or comments would be very appriciated...

Thanks

YtK

Glenn has a post about his regia coming back from the dead just a little ways down the list. He believed that his plant was gone, but it finally came back from the roots. Maybe yours can do the same after it has rested some. Give it a little time.

Rose

Hi. i have a correction: This morning i checked it out again in the light and i saw it has a green part down on a leaf. I guss it could be doing good again if i give it time humidity and shade. Still any sugestions? Does Superthrive helps in situation like this? I dont have it but i wonder if it is worth while of geting it.

Thanks

YtK

Back