Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo: D. montana var tomentosa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a real beauty: D. montana var. tomentosa from the populations in Botumirim, Minas Gerais State, Brazil. I love the hairy scapes on this one!

"Grow More, Share More"

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is beautiful. I love the scape also!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow No. 2...that's beautiful! Great example of a hairy scape. Love the shape too. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope this plant is self fertile: it's a single specimen and I sure want to keep it going as I doubt I will ever find this species again in cultivation.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one is great. It looks like a hairy spider!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minas Gerais State, Brazil...I have been there...a lotta' years ago. It is famous for the lage number of precious gem mines in the area. I was into gem cutting at the time and went to a newly opened mine and bought a 16.5 carat Imperial Topaz. I cut a finished gem of 5.4 carats from it and it is one of the largest flawless stones of that type in existence. It is the color of orange marmalade and the prize of my gem collection. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Too bad I wasn't into CPs at the time. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lauderdale,

Another passion throughout my life has been gem and mineral collecting, with a concentration in crystals. I've been all over the U.S. bashing away at rocks, but never made it to South America. I can relate! A word of advice: while climbing a sheer rock wall, never jump for a handhold: your foot won't find the ledge you were perched on when you make the return trip, resulting in cursing and praying in equal measure. I am lucky to be here writing this!

BTW, I am always interested in trading for crystals, uncut or otherwise........;-)

Come visit sometime and I'll take you to Herkimer, NY: some of the purest double terminated Silicon dioxide on the Earth are to be found there. It takes about a week of hard labor to cut down to where the gem pockets are, but once you break into one there are thousands of perfect double terminated crystals, muahahaha!!!!

I bet we could trade some war stories: the Mother doesn't yield Her treasures to readily!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Botumirim-form is anything like the Serra da Canastra (also in Minas Gerais State) your plant should be self-fertile. The hairy scape is very different though.

Regards,

Christer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast