What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silica sand

Hi All,
 I'm new to this pretty much and was wondering, is silica sand the same thing people use for sandblasting? People in the shop at work use it and it is white and with very fine particles.If so, I can get that stuff very cheap,
wink.gif

Happy Thanksgiving,
                                                                  Mark W.

Bingo, that's what you want.  Nice if you can get it cheap.
wink.gif
Although you can get it a little courser grade from a pool supply. I used sandblasting grade in my bog and it works very well.

I've been using "sand blasting silica sand" for a few years in my CP potting mix. It does real well, never had a problem with it.

-Homer

Thumbs up from me on that: I use both this and pool filter sand. Take the time to rinse it well though: it saves a lot of hair pulling further down the road.

Thanks Everyone,
I bet I can scratch up a bag of it.They will probably ask me what I want it for and I will not lie.I will get head shaking from them again.I also raise and keep dartfrogs so they already think I'm weird
biggrin.gif

Take care,
Mark W.

Back