What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My poor capensis...

Cindy

Staff member
Have you ever been so TIRED but didn't realise it until you knock your plant over? That's what I did with my baby capensis (from root cutting)!

Considering that fellow Singaporeans have got such great difficulty in growing this species, I really felt like slapping myself...

That was two days ago...the capensis recovered the next day after I covered it with a plastic cup to help it overcome shock with extra humidity.

THEN, I knocked it over again JUST NOW...
<slap><slap><slap>...now my forehead's flatter than ever...

Come to think of it, I knocked over my spatulata as well as my filiformis earlier this week too...
<slap><slap><slap>...<slap><slap><slap>...

Welcome to the butterfinger club. I am the president! I hope your plant recovers. Normally I would tell you that D. capensis is a tough survivor, but this is apparently not the case in Singapore! Best of luck with your plant.

What I've been doing for the past month or so is to put the Capensis in an air-conditioned room for the night. Now, it's producing more leaves and has dew on them. The flower stalks also don't die prematurely anymore. However, because of the lack of light (I think) the tentacles on the new leaves aren't as red as the old ones.

It's worth a try, Cindy.

Open begging! A cutting for lil' old me if any of you have some to spare some time down the road. Please?
smile.gif

My capensis recovered!!! Back on track and full of dew!!!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (guqin @ Nov. 29 2003,8:11)]Open begging! A cutting for lil' old me if any of you have some to spare some time down the road.  Please?
smile.gif
Sure! When I do make leaf cuttings, I'll pass some to u. But for now, I hope to allow the plant to grow a bit first.
biggrin.gif

oh, oh! why dont they grow well in singapore? Mine wont produce dew inside, but it produces ALOT of it outside.

Is it a light thing? or what? thanks.

i know your cap. will pull through! they ARE very resiliant!

Well, apparently not here
smile.gif

The heat at night is probably a problem.

Back