Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drosera graomogolensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing the details of the indumentum I am reasonably confident that I have this ID correct. D. ascendens would have longer hairs on the scape I believe.

As species go, this is a more recently described one, and another of the wonderful Brasillian species (aren't they all?). Watching the anthesis is an exciting event for me, considering how hard and long I searched for this plant. Fernando has the advantage in his searches: at least he knows where he can find HIS material, LOL. I have to search with my fingers on the keyboard and my hat in my hand. When it comes to finding gifts of the Brasillian material, it's a hard cold world out there. I hope to spread this "little victory" to many growers soon, and bring a little of this fire of Brasil to light in your terrariums in the coming seasons.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so cool! How big is it? (I assume it's small but that might be just me.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This specimen is about 2 inches tall and 2 inches wide.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi William!

This is a great plant! The recent threads have increased my interest in the south-american species even more! I would love to see clear pictures of the seeds and flowers of Drosera graomogolensis and ascendens. I hope you will be able to take a good picture, when the flower opens!

best wishes
    Christian

P.S.: If anyone has a picture, please share it with us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do my utmost to get some good flower shots, Christian. I will still defer to Fernando's opinion on the determination, having learned that the details in the Keys grant no absolute assurance that all members of the species are going to follow what the Keys state.

I bet Fernando a packet of rare seed (his choice) that this is indeed D. graomogolensis, but he didn't respond. I suppose that means I am out of luck on that score, since the scape probably will confirm my best opinion (hope, hope)!

Yes, the Brasillian species are just incredibly beautiful. They fight the Petiolaris Drosera for my affections, but they are so hard to find!

A note to you: if you do happen to be fortunate enough to get seed, don't give up if it doesn't germinate right off. I have had species germinate after waiting a year!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Nov. 29 2003,12:58)]A note to you: if you do happen to be fortunate enough to get seed, don't give up if it doesn't germinate right off. I have had species germinate after waiting a year!
    I always wait even more than a year, before i give up. I had such 'unexpected' germinations already several times. Even with species, that i never expected to take that long.

Christian

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely beautiful plant! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is awesome! what conditions does it require, and if i have the right conditions, do you know where i can get some seed/plant material? thats REALLY beautiful.

Kudos to your great success! you ARE the drosera MAN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast