What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, I have a pic..

I want to know if this is a hibernacula. The plant has stopped growing and the time of year makes me think it is going into dormancy. BUT, I thought this plant to be the missing D. Anglica CA X HI, which doesn't need dormancy. On to the pics.

Hibernacula.jpg

Is this a hibernacula?

SF

Yes it is
smile.gif

My D.anglica HI X CA also tried forming hibernacula this year. I just left them under the lights and they seemed to snap out of it.

Cole

Really?
rock.gif
So maybe this is the correct plant after all! Has anybody else had a D. Anglica CA X HI form hibernacula?

SF

That is indeed a hibernacula!

There are some non-dormant forms of otherwise temperate forms(ie Hawaiin anglica, red D. filiformis ).
If grown warm and with enough light, they don't need to go dormant, but if conditions are right for the temperate forms to go dormant, many of the non-dormant varieties can go dormant also.
Sorry for the ugly way of trying to explain it. There has been a few people mentioning that their red D. filiformis went dormant at the same time as other forms.

Regards,

Joe

Back