Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. spatulata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimscott,

Yeah, old spatty (hee hee, that should offend the real taxonomists out there, turnabout is fair play, right?) has a habit of clumping and forming new plants from the roots ( a rhizome is a different botanical structure). There may have been additional plants under the larger ones from seed as well that you gave a head start to when you divided them. I am not surprised they survived the transplant. I just grab the plant, pull it gently out, and stuff it into a new hole. They rarely complain over such treatment.

Glabarous is a term which means, smooth and without hairs or glands.

I am happy you gave CP another go. We can always use another CP addict, lol. Good growing to you, and I am at your service!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Dec. 19 2003,14:50)]Glabarous is a term which means, smooth and without hairs or glands.
    Oh oh! Another fun snooty science word to use in everyday conversaion and confuse people, fun. (I had a professer this semester who use to do "snooty science word of the day; fancey words that mean the same thing as non-fancey words but sound cool" hee hee)
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Glabarous is a term which means, smooth and without hairs or glands.
    Actually to be truly snooty, one should spell and pronounce the term correctly: glabrous (gl!Ăbr├s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good snoot Bob, LOL, all we can do is trie!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways, getting back to the other topic, it would appear that my assessment about rhyzomes was incorrect. So, what you are saying is that my plant has been propogating via its roots - I didn't notice it until several weeks later. I did notice a "baby" plant in the mix of one I had separated out, but didn't put one and one together. Cool! Glabrous - I'm going to see if I can use in a Scrabble game or crossword puzzle. You'd be surprised how many times it doesn't come up in (my) everyday conversation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my previous post I went back into the control panel and figured things out. Too bad there wasn't a sundew choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (microphoneMark @ Dec. 19 2003,07:38)]Your avatar is the pic of a cat to the left of your post.
    And the cats name is mabel,shes my sisters!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mabel looks a lot like our family cat - Starlight. Maybe someone could contribute a sundew or butterwort?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12