User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Green juvenile leaves

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i grow my sundews in a terrarium , 2ftx1ft (is that 10 gallons?), 72W worth of PL lights, very very humid, temperatures are around 28 degrees celcius (i use a mister and mist floats around where the plants are)

some of my new sundews are producing green young looking leaves. They are also producing other small plants grown from the roots. Are they adapting? the plants are about 8 inches from the lights. Is this too little?
    thanks
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want red plants, no more then 5 inches from the light, but if they are cloneing themselves then they can't be that unhappy
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion your conditions are over humid. Most Drosera do not need this much humidity, and none require misting. The plants should be closer to the lights for good color, and remember to change the tubes every 7-8 months for best results.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tamlin. Given our humidity in Singapore, there's actually no need for a mister. In fact, I noticed that the mist given off can be quite warm...you wouldn't want to steam your sundews, right? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

ebeyonder, j/k and guqin all grow their sundews in the open...i.e. not in a terrarium. I grow them in my 2-ft terrarium too but I make sure it's windy in my study room...and that they are just 3-5 inches away from my lights.

Remove the mister and move the plants closer by a inch. Observe them and then move them closer by another inch when they improve.
    Cindy