What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help needed

I am literally in the middle of replanting my marsten dragon and I have several root off shoots that have sprung their own plants...and of course I cannot find my cp book. I need to know if I can cut the root (it runs along the top of the peat to the main plant) to get (divide) the other plants into other containers?? Thanks, Bob

Sure! Go ahead and divide them. Those runners can be cut without any danger to the parent plant, as far as I know.

Capslock

Jah, try to keep each piece at least an inch long though, you'll have better chances that way.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Do you mean, Drosera 'Marston Dragon' ?

If you are referring to this cultivar of Drosera binata, then yes, you can even chop the entire plant to pieces and get them to regenerate into additional plants. Cut away.

Link to data page about Drosera 'Marston Dragon'</span>

Back