Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Drosera graminifolia Diamantina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Congrats! You seem to have found the right way to cultivate these and other CPs from cool mountains seepage habitats, which until now have been a major pain in the *** in most CP collections!!
    I have seen excellent specimens of graminifolia grown without the redwood in both wet and drier conditions. I don't think this is such a difficult plant to grow. This seems to be a misconception based on the rarity of plants in cultivation. I have seen it become more available recently so give it a try if you do well with other Drosera. It's not that picky if your conditions are good and you get the right form.

Angel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my plants are groing but very slowly. They are only 2 cms and with 3-4 leaves. I think i need to change something but dont know what. Other sundews are growing fine (montana,spatulata,biflora,capillaris,burmanii,etc). I use the tray method and LFS as the medium. They get full sun, high humidity and temps around 20C at night and 26C-30C during the day.

Regards,

Sebastian in Colombia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Sebastian,

These conditions are fine for some of them but not others. You might want to try getting plants from a different location because they will probably grow better for you. For the plants you already have, transplant them in the spring to some fresh sphagnum and see what happens. Or use the other method described here and report back to us to tell us what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi CPangel, the only problem is i will have to wait for spring for the rest of my life [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    This is just because i live in Colombia in South America.

Do you think my problem can be i have too high temps??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seb,

It's not the high temps that the plants object to, it's the lack of a sufficient night time drop. The plants grow much more quickly in warmer conditions instead of in the icebox like conditions used by some growers. Temps here reach 32C, but the plant is not affected, providing there is at least a 5 degree difference between day and night temps.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tamlin, know any way to emulate that drop artificially?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend in Brazil working on the idea of a pelrier cooled terrarium. I have some electronic parts I need to send to him now that I think of it. This might work. I have speculated that an old water cooler with a pump to circulate the cooled water to the roots might work as well, but I haven't experimented. My friend also has difficulties with other Brazillian taxa. Maybe he will find a solution. I can put you in touch with him if you are interested. PM me for an "introduction".
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234