What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was wondering if anyone else is growing the form of Drosera capillaris from the Northern range of this species. I am very curious if anyone has experienced a sort of hibernacula along with a noticable dormancy for this form. My plants produce a loose hibernacula during the winter months, which leads me to suspect that there might be some hybridogenic involvement with D. rotundifolia. I am particularly interested in the Virginia population forms, so if you have plants from Meadowview or similar localities in Va. please let me know how your plants fare during the short day months. I also note a more pronounced roundness to the lamina of these plants, has anyone else noted this?

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Tamlin,

I am growing Drosera capillaris from Meadowview. I have not had it form anything resembling a hybernacula, yet. I have noticed that some of the petioles have more of a "taper" (obvious narrowing towards their distal ends) to them than other forms of Drosera capillaris and overall they appear smaller than many other USA forms in my collection.</span>

I got a free capilarris!! It was a mis-order and the company let us keep it
laugh.gif
hahaha
biggrin.gif
It's dormant and is just a bulb though now. i am captain drosera!
-The Cap

Back