What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis germination

I recently drizzled some D. capensis seeds onto some nice wet peat.  How long do I have until I see germination of the seeds?  I also didn't realize how tricky it would be to get just a few seeds down.  Before I knew it, I had about 100 seeds scattered about the pot (table, floor, pants...)  Any tips to encourage germination?
blues.gif

Keep them warm and in a sealed ziplock if possible. Typical germination should happen within 2 weeks to 2 months depending on your conditions and the freshness of the seed.

If you have them in a pot, try using a clear plastic cover (i.e. from a take out container) but make sure it's a good fit for the pot. If you don't have a clear plastic cover that's the right size, use saran wrap.
smile.gif

Water from the top if you did not know that. Then once they germinate you can use the tray.
smile.gif

Good luck!
Travis

Thank guys I'm still a newbie at CP's
blues.gif

Back