What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I just bought a capensis a few weeks ago and put it on my bedroom window sill. It seemed okay with it. But then i thought the sill was getting cold and drafty. So I decided to bring it to work - the lab - at a nice, warm, undrafty sill. At lunch I checked on it. Several of its leaves withered. I don't know which it was objecting to - the 6 minute drive in a cold car or the radical change in scenery. Maybe both. I sure hope it IS forgiving!

Capensis are like weeds. It is most like change of enviroment. Just make it has propper humidity and plenty of light.

Travis

Jimscott,

If it dies, I have both young plants and seeds I could send you.
smile.gif

SF

I have 4 pot fulls growing in my terrarium. I needed room in the terrarium and took 1 pot full out over a week ago. The house, with forced hot air has almost no humidity in the air. I'm surprised that there is still dew on the leaves and growing well. I'm sure it will like it much better when I install my whole house humidifier that goes on the furnace. I'm hoping to get it installed this weekend.

I agree most likely shock do to lack of humidity,the plant should reapear within a month.

I think Capensis are really cute and easy to grow.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Once i forgot about one and left it in a plastic bag in the kitchen for about a month. when i found it, it was dew-y happy and ready to eat! Capensis are awesome plants! Don't let them die!
-Your Friendly Forum Captain Drosera

Thanks guys. I look forward to a more adjusted plant at work on Monday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 15 2004,17:58)]I just bought a capensis a few weeks ago and put it on my bedroom window sill. It seemed okay with it. But then i thought the sill was getting cold and drafty. So I decided to bring it to work - the lab - at a nice, warm, undrafty sill. At lunch I checked on it. Several of its leaves withered. I don't know which it was objecting to - the 6 minute drive in a cold car or the radical change in scenery. Maybe both. I sure hope it IS forgiving!
Does the term weed mean anything to you? lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CaptainDrosera @ Jan. 17 2004,11:14)]I think Capensis are really cute and easy to grow.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
  Once i forgot about one and left it in a plastic bag in the kitchen for about a month.  when i found it, it was dew-y happy and ready to eat!  Capensis are awesome plants! Don't let them die!
-Your Friendly Forum Captain Drosera
all my seedling capes got fungi eaten this summer
sad.gif
they were too young to make it... however, I hear that the hundred or so I sent out before the insedent have done well
smile.gif

I checked on my plant today and nearly all of the leaves it came with withered. However, I noticed one brand new leaf at the top of the crown. a magnifying glass verified life and growth. Wooo hooo!

Back