What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sundew that can stand cold and heat?

Hi,any sundew that can take temps from 20f-100f ? I live in Georgia and want some sundew that I can grow outside.Thanks for any information.

Thanks,Jerry

20F is a limiting factor, and will limit you to the temperate Drosera: D rotundifolia, D. intermedia, D. filiformis ssp. filiformis, D. filiformis ssp, tracyi, D. anglica and D. linearis - and possibly the Northern range form of D. capillaris.

Thanks Tamlin !
smile.gif
You are always so helpful !

Jerry

In the 100f range, when it does get up there for you, i'd think about a little shade during the day, or at the very least, do not let them dry out at all. Keep water in the tray when that hits ya.

You can also grow D. capensis, D. x obovata, and D. filiformis x 'California Sunset'.  I have grown these species outdoors for a few years (except the x obovata) and all have survived temperatures down to 18 F.  

-Homer  
smile.gif

I didn't know that state got cold o_O er, coldish if you conpair it to Mr. MI sub zero.

Back