What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panic attack

My D. rotundifolia have all droped their leaves and each have three little rolled up leaves were I use to have a plantlet. PLEASE tell me this is just a hybernacual and they haven't suddenly started to die. *twitch twitch* Yes I am nerotic, but if you had all your sundews to date die sudenlly you would be too.

On a happier note
biggrin.gif
I got me a lot O new sundews over the last couple of weeks. A bunch from Copper and then some from the Meijer gardens
biggrin.gif

2 clones of D. adela
3 of D. spatulata
1 of something I can't remember how to spell or say that starts with N.
1 of D. intermedia 'Cuba'

*GRIN* and non have died yet which is good since 5 got frozen. Yay.

Darcie - you've become FTG!

Darcie,

Here is a pic of a hibernacula. After this photo was taken, all the surrounding leaves died, leaving only the middle alive.

D_Anglica_CAXHI_Hibernacula.jpg

SF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Darcie @ Feb. 02 2004,14:16)]1 of something I can't remember how to spell or say that starts with N.
You mean D. nidiformis , thats probably it , for the rotundifolia , i'm sure it will be fine .

Another note on hibernaculum, dont panic and toss out the plant even if it seems like its been dormant for too long. I have a D. filliformis that I got last July that immediately formed hibernacula, which turned all brown and dead looking. I was almost positive the plant was a goner, but I followed Tamlin's advice, cut back on its water and waited it out, sure enough last week I began seeing tons of new growth. So dont panic if it looks dead, it may be faking it lol
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Steve

It also could be the D. natalensis Copper sent out.
smile.gif

SF

Darcie: Your D. rotundifolia should be just fine. I have a few seedlings that did the same thing and I am very hopeful that they will start growing when the temperature and sunlight return.

Here is what mine did look like:

D_rotundifolia_dormancy_Stage1.jpg

Mature D. rotundifolia showing hybernacula. As of 2/2/2004, the plant no longer has any active or growing leaves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 02 2004,18:03)]Darcie - you've become FTG!
People traditionally confuse us
smile.gif

Okay, good. They are just sleeping. They worry me so with their tiney dime size, but I guess winter finally got to them. Actually, I've been wondering when they would get around to it, the purp they live with has been dorment for almost 3 weeks now.

Back