Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning plant arn't they! Mine is about the same size as yours but only half the leaves, but none the less it is one of my favorite plants. My aim (or rather dream) is to get leaves longer than 2'. I don't think this will happen soon as we only have another month of summer, and then I have to get the plant through winter [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] Fingers crossed...

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George, there is always next year. If the plant is happy and prospering, look out!! If it gets as big as the one I had, your eyes will bug out of your head and you won't believe what they see. Good luck and good growing!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

nice looking plant but the pot is really to small. You should double or triple pot size. This species with long thick roots need a lot of space for roots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard roumors of a giant plant that was grown by a person in the local CP club many years ago that was truly awesome. I never saw the plant but was supposed to have been about 2 foot tall! Hence my ambition, but only time will tell if I can grow a plant that big [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] and looking forward to the chalenge!

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

PinguiculaMan,

The D. regia that you have shown us here is your cultivar, right? Regardless, nice pics! Can't wait until summer so I can feed my regia those pesky house flies.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homer,

Yes, it is one I am planning to register as Drosera regia 'Big Easy'. I still need to get a better standard photograph assembled and sent to Dr. Barry Rice. I am running trials to compare the traits of Drosera regia 'Big Easy' with other clones of Drosera regia. So far, they are promising, but will take a while yet to complete.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics, VERY cool plant. Would love to add one to my collection. Anyone know of a good source? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Joe G.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Im glad to tell every one that this plant is really amazing....
    My D.regia was preaty big till 3 months ago till it had a cat accident and fell down. I tried to recover it and put it in a plastic covering for extra humidity but it didnt helpand all the foliage died. but before about a month and a half it started to grow new leafs from another location and now there are allready 3 diffirent growing points. They are still small but i was really surprised it was able to keep it self alive for so long only by the energy in the roots. Now i hope this growing points get in time to be at least as large as the original crown.

YtK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast