Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me Drosera regia 'Big Easy' has grown to be one of my very favorite CP. I love them all, and have a penchant for certain ones. And now that it is winter here in Tucson, Arizona there are very few flies that manage to enter the house, but they are usually caught by this "giant sundew", even though the flies must travel past all the other CP in my small grow-room to reach them, they usually do.

What a "wicked" plant:

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-27-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Update, now registered as Drosera 'Big Easy'
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just love torturing me with that don't you. :P

Very very nice shot. I really love the effect everythings adding to make it look like the shot almost twists.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original of this shot was 3MB. It sure would be great if the whole world was on broadband so I could have used the whole image.

I really would like to get some seed from my own plants, just to keep trying to bring one up the old fashioned way. It would be horrible if I have to let these go dormant before I can get them to bloom. But I understand that there are seasons where they do not even go dormant in the wild. Perhaps just a touch of the seasonal change can do it. I sure hope so.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera regia is a beautiful plant alright. And they can get huge. I had one that seemed to be happy where it was and graced me with 30" leves, 1" wide, with glue drops at least 1'4 " across. Even the large bluebottles and horseflies that landed on it were stuck fast. One whole summer it was huge, then died off so fast I couldn't believe it. I still don't know why it died, but am still reading about their requirements. Joe Mazrimas, a good friend and co-founder of the CPN and the ICPS, told me that sometimes they are real finicky and will do that without any apparent stress. He thinks some kind of stress must have been experienced for it to die that way, but even he--Joe, with vast experience, did not knowwhy. They can, however, stand cold temperatures down to 28 degrees F. without too much problem providing it is not for more than a few days. BIG plant.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, that is 1/4 inch across, not 1' 4"!!!!!! (Gluedrops)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] Cute Plant. I like it.
    -The Cap
    *Mark warned me for doing the secret identity so i wont. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img] better keep a LoW pRoFiLe..... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Uh... my email is captainalan@gmail.com
    Disney is trying to take over the world. They have castles all around the globe. Kids like Mickey mouse more than our president, soon he will rise to power!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Gracious Gorgeous Giant! lol, 4x G lol. Thats a mighty fine looking Drosera regia.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-27-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple more angles of that same plant:

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast