What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.burmannii

• Thread starter sundewrex
  • Start date
2004219211746526.jpg

There is no running water!
200421922399765.jpg

They are surrouded with cement!

2004219224112924.jpg

Unbelievable?!
20042211046448.jpg

They are D.burmannii
laugh.gif

Wow. Nice pics.

Where was this taken place?

Wow , even in this hash enviroment the plant still looks nice . Kinda reminds me of how D. brevifolia can grow in the damp cracks of sidewalks in Houston , Texas ! in the USA
smile.gif
There are even some phalaenopsis orchids in the pic if you look closely but I may be wrong about their id .

Rex,

Great photos, as always.
I was thinking the same thing Goldtrap was about the D. brevifolia.

Regards,

Joe

You have to love how you can find plant where you least expect them. Great pics as usual Rex  
biggrin.gif

George

Cement wow that must be ultra-alkaline! Pretty darn cool!
smile.gif

Hmmm...looks like the road leading to Stanley Market... I've seen bougainvillas growing at Ocean Park and we have lots of them here. Now, I think burmanni can also make it BIG time in Singapore!!!
laugh.gif

hi,Cindy
Are there any native cp growing in Singapore?
rock.gif

We are both in Asia  
biggrin.gif

rex

In Singapore, there are actually some CPs. However, since Singapore is so urbanised, it is very difficult to find them. Although Hong Kong is also highly urbanised, the terrain is so hilly that there are actually far more green areas for plants to grow unmolested than Singapore.

In Singapore, we have eight recorded Utricularia species, three Nepenthes species and three supposedly natural Nepenthes hybrids. Sundews have not been recorded from here yet.
smile.gif

guqin, you beat me to it...
laugh.gif

Hey Sundewrex

Great pics! Very interesting. BTW...do you know the plant is who's leaves are showing at the bottom of the last photo? It looks a lot like an orchid leaf...phalaenopsis, although I can't tell how thick it is. Several leaves in your photos look orchid-like. Know what they are?

Suzanne

Uh, how did those plants get there? Did someone decide to plant them there?

D.burmannii is found naturally in Hong Kong as well as a couple other Drosera species.

guqin
In Hong kong,we have six recorded Utricularia species and one nepenthes species only.Are there any home page or website above their natural habitat  
rock.gif

rex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 24 2004,06:03)]Hey Sundewrex

Great pics!  Very interesting.  BTW...do you know the plant is who's leaves are showing at the bottom of the last photo?  It looks a lot like an orchid leaf...phalaenopsis, although I can't tell how thick it is.  Several leaves in your photos look orchid-like.  Know what they are?

Suzanne
Hi,Suzanne

I don't know what is it?but they can be seen everywhere,some time with flowers,I haven't taken
any picture,or may be later.

rex

Back