Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ecology of a Cp pot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a flower? Im guessing yes. They are red, but not open. Should I try to get seeds? Or cut it down. Based upon the leaf size, it seems to have sapped the plants energy a bit.

The plant, BTW is a D. adelae. I heard someone here mention it was difficult to get them to flower. I've been neglecting this plant, its under a large Cheeseball jar(the PBJ jar is now to small), so it doesn't need much water. It doesn't get much light either. This situation seems to suite it well.

And Im guessing this is a baby. Right? It looks like it caught something to eat already. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Ant 1: So do you come here often?

Ant 2: No, only once.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting pictures!

Yes, this is a flower stalk that you can see, congratulation! Mine are flowering easily, more especially after a little shock like when I am dividing the pot [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] . Each time, the young plants are sending few scapes after this operation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What should I do with the flowers? The baby plant?
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a baby plant from an adelae that had a problem- it climbed and only had one leaf with "dew" at a time. The baby plant is now climbing too. oh well. anyway, I transplanted it into my n. bicalcarata pot for fun and then into my n. ampullaria pot. its ok now. They grow pretty fast, so if you want to leave it in the pot thats ok, or transplant it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll see how two plants will look. Has anyoen had any experience of obtaining D. adelae seed?
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that adelae is one of those species that don`t usually produce seed. Congrats on the stalk and plantlet![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the seed. However, with my experience with D. adelae, you will get MORE than enough plantlets off of the roots and you ever could with seed (<-exaggeration).

If you grow that plant in something with clear sides, like a fishbowl, the amount of plantlets that will form off of the roots will be overwhelming. Also, my D. adelae flowerd quite happily in a semi-eclosed fishbowl. I'll try to post some pictures one of these days of my old adelae fishbowl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you reccomend me to try that? Not to sure if Im going to though, as Im a little nervous about repotting it. Of course ,should they overrun me, I might be able to trade or give em away.

An update on the stalk. It is now almost completely vertical, except the flowers, which are still curled under a bit. They are reddish right now.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula &#39;Red Dragon&#39;(barely)

Drosera capensis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast