What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering a sundew...

First of all, I want to order a sundew... but I have one HUGE problem. I have a digital hygrometer, and everywhere in my house, it is very dry, and im always getting those stupid shocks when I touch stuff. The hygrometer SAYS IVE GOT 25% HUMIDITY! Thats really low! If I were to order one, theres no way it could produce dew... Much less even survive! Domes? Terrariums? No! I want it too live just with the little plastic cup that arrives over it for humidity, But... any tips on making it humidiccc.... Humidic....

You could get a humidifier,or a terrarium for the plant/plants.

Jerry

What type of Drosera is it? Many Drosera can take quite low humidity, for example about every Drosera I have has been at about 25% humidity for the last 6 months with no ill effects. So long as all the other conditions are met humidity is actually not such a huge issue
smile.gif

Druid-man,
I agree with Pyro. I have several different types of sundews and they do fine in low humidity. My meter shows a rH of 35% right now and I've seen it down to 21%.

smile.gif

BCK

Back