Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: where's the dew

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

ok i just got a new sundew a week ago. At first it had a lot of dew and then it dried up b/c of the humidity. i put it in a terrarium and so far i see very little dew but dew none the less. how long will it take for my dew to come back?
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dew should return when the humdity is correct. Dont worry, give it a few weeks.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanx! I'm usually terrible with plants and I don't want these to die so i'm doing everything i can to keep them healthy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolfpackgurl? You must have seen the forum name,"Flytrapgurl." This could be interesting. What kind of sundew did you purchase? Was it a drosera spatulata? did you get it from a local nursey or Home Depot? Did the container say, Little Pot of Horrors?" I have personally experienced having a Drosera capensis & Pinquicula primuliflora shrivel up when radically changing their environments. They didn't die but expressed their respective displeasures to me by looking dead. Keep the lid on loosely and wait it out. Keep it in one sunny, room temp spot for awhile. There's no guarantee, but stable conditions should help. Good luck and welcome to the forums!!!!!!!! ask questions and have some fun!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well wolfpack is the team for my college. i have the D. spatulata. so far it looks like it's trying and it's not dieing. i got it from the carnivorousplantstore.com. very good and friendly people. i didn't even know home depot had them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your not good with plants, CP's may not be the best thing to grow for you. But good luck.

As for the dew, cephalotus88 is correct, give it a bit, as long as you have good humitity (where there's condensation on the glass), you will get dew.
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have some patience. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Plants need adjustment time when their environment changes. And BTW...its HOME Depot, not Office Depot that sometimes carries a few CPs. Most of the time in places like HD and Lowes, the plants are dead or dying from poor care. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. spatulata seems pretty hardy. It was one of my first CP's, after buying a VFT. I got it at a local nursery as a clump that I thought was one plant. Turns out there were ~20 o them. Weeks later there were ~30. They just kept on producing plantlets. I have plucked them from the perimeter ant pushed them into different pots, half expecting them to shrivel up. They didn't. they just multiplied. Hopefully, this spring they will flower. It's kinda like having guppies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast