User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A fork to go with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] sorry, I'm in a punny post sort of mood. I got a forked sundew from Steve at the Miejer Gardens over spring break and it's quickly become my most favoretist dew. Since I already had a spoon leafed sundew from last viset it occurs to me that I must find a species whose commen name inclued Knife so that I can compleatly my tableware plant colection, lol! Anyone know of any?

Oh yah, so far it seems just fine in the shaddy part of my grow rack on the shelf under the one with active lighting (the shelf is wire with a terrarium full of plants on it). I guess you could call the conditions bright shade. I always start my plant there because the next level up is a viable supernova and will burn the life out of most plants not use to it. However, I don't know a whole lot about D. binata(sp?) and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to what there ideal range of conditions are. I like to put my plants around the house whenever possible, but I know many species won't tolerate it.

... on a side note, I have this really tall skinny terrarium that looks like a giant vacum tube, it's about 2 feet tall I think. Is their a sundew that would look nice in here? I want to use it, but I am having trouble fined tall skinny plants.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the adelae is sort of knife-like, without the name to go with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capensis 'narrow leaf' is long like a knife. dean cook seles it at www.flytrap.com
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think narrow is the common form. You can find this one all over. I like 'alba' best though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, but are their any with the common name of knife?
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I know of....
    LACPS Member
    \"Don&#39;t make me sic my targ on you&#33;\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    drosera filliformis would look good on that vacuum tube terrarium [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hey yah, it would wouldn't it? I should have thought of that, it is on the top of my list of dews to get. Hmmm, now to fined one.... giant or regular? Tropical or Temperit, oh the choices.
    My Grow List