What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera gemmae

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Aside from D scorpiodes, what other Drosera do so. Also, What other CP's produce gemmae?

All the pygmy sundews
cool.gif

Some pinguicula kinda produce gemmae.. pinguicula primuliflora produces plantlets on the end of its leaves, and tuberous pings make more tubers in the winter

And the temperate pings produce gemmae around there hibernaculum.Lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Mar. 14 2004,18:44)]And the temperate pings produce gemmae around there hibernaculum.Lol.
that would be the tuber i just mentioned
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Mar. 15 2004,00:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Mar. 14 2004,18:44)]And the temperate pings produce gemmae around there hibernaculum.Lol.
that would be the tuber i just mentioned
wink.gif
Except they are actually called Gemmae, not little tubers or extra plantlets, at least in my books they are called actual Gemmae... speaking of Gemmae, does anyone know the technical way to say this word.  I'm assumeing it's based on the same roots a Gemmuals(sp?) so is pronounced similarly, but I don't know for sure.  If so it would be Gem-May (gem as in the rock gem, jem, ja-em)

Gem-May is exactly how I have been pronouncing it - but then again, to me it's another one of those "snooty words" you referred to a few months ago - that no one uses in everyday conversation.

Back