Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera graminifolia - pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

as I am the one who gave Christian the plants let me say I have got the location data from the collector but I will ask him again next time I meet him for more details. Sorry for the problems I did not know that the places are so far apart. A foto of this location type in flower from February 2004:

Enjoy it!

Stefan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, beautiful plants!!! Do you have any pictures showing the young leaves uncurling? If so, I can identify it for you...

Fernando Rivadavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

These are really great plants, Stefan! I hope mine will look as good as yours someday.

Fernando, i tried to take some closeups of an uncurling leaf. They are not the best ones, but i think they may be helpfull. Here are the pictures :

larger version of the picture above

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fernando and all,

identifying that beautiful D. graminifolia would be great. In my eyes leave structure indicates the "spiralis" form but I didnot see a living specimen of the other type yet.
    So here two pics of the above clone but of different plants:

and here two photos of another clone:

Hope that helps in identifying!

Stefan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it certainly is the "spiralis" form. Congrats again on the beautiful plants!!

Fernando

P.S. Who was the collector

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collectors:

The first plant we now know should be from Diamantina was collected by Thomas Carow years ago and survived in the collection of Paul Debbert for years. In summer 2000 I started with Pauls last 2 plants and have brought it in vitro growing very good under sterile conditions.

The second one has the exact location data:

D. graminifolia northern giant, Itacambira FR2,

so Fernando guess who collected it years ago (around 1999) and was kind enough to send me some seed . The plants flowered but so far I didnot get seed. Sometimes I have problems to get viable pollen from D. graminifolia and D. chrysolepis. As soon as I have seed they will go into tubes, too.
    By the way most of the other plants from that time also do well. Only my beloved G. guyanensis seedlings didnot make it.

Stefan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, you confirmed my suspicions! Not many people have collected D.graminifolia, hehehe!

Fernando Rivadavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested in Drosera graminifolia, note that this winter saw a specimen of this species frozen solid in its pot for a day or so. The plant is now returning to growth, much to my surprise. Evidently these plants have some resistance to brief freezes. The D. ascendens that was in the same pot is likewise returning to active growth, as is the Drosera regia which suffered the same fate.

The specimen that froze was received as seed from an Itallian grower who believed the seed was inviable, but sent it for my studies. It was labelled as Drosera graminifolia “Caracca” . I am wondering if this was collected by Fernando, or from another source? The seed germinated for me, although it was poorly stored since 1999. I am very happy the plant survived as it is a single specimen.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast