Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. capensis problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of proper lamina formation can be caused by many stress factors, so it is difficult to say. It may be some form of mineralization in your substrate. Is your water pure?

I am a little suspicious of the humidity pump: these plants are not really high humidity lovers in my estimation.

Generally, the South African species like a nightime drop in temperature for the best growth, high light, and good air circulation. If your planting medium is clean (no algae and mosses), and your water is pure, I would look to bettering these conditions.

If your planting medium is al all suspect, I would repot the plant, which can often remedy any problems with the TDS (total dissolved solids) present in it. Salts accumulate over time, and removal of the old mix also removes them.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note the sig william!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the shoe fits, wear it I say. There are others who may claim to be W.E.I.R.D. Also, it has more letters than PhD.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T.D.
    The water I use is strictly D.I. (deionized). It is the cleanest water you can get. However, I do have slime mold (algae) in all of my pots. Sphagnum moss is also starting to grow in small patches. I have also used Cleary's 336 as a fungicide in an adjacent pot. I have confirmed the presence of spidermites in my Juniper Bonsai. It is separated from the rest of my plants and I can not find any sign of them in my CP's.
    \"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.\"
    UP THE IRONS!!! (www.ironmaiden.com)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I replaced one of my light bulbs and now the plant is growing much better! It appears that one of my 10000 hour compact fluorescents changed its color range to a more yellow hue after only 2500 hours. The change back to 5000K seems to have done the trick. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.\"
    UP THE IRONS!!! (www.ironmaiden.com)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup, you got to have bright bright light when you have high humidity.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12