What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a bug problem

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
I've got what look like aphids on one of my Capensis. They're small and white and have little twitching legs (ich). It doesn't look like their doing any serious damage to the plant, but they look annoying and I'd really like them gone. Any ideas (besides ladybugs. I already know anout those
smile.gif
)?

Thanks!

I dislike the use of commercial insecticides. What I would do is to use a q-tip dipped in alcohol to swab them off, paying attention to where the petioles meet the stem, followed by a spray rinse (providing the infection is not a major one). Close observation over the course of the next two weeks, and separation of the affected plant the plant from the rest of your collection is a must. Eggs laid will hatch over the course of a couple of weeks, and the treatment should be repeated.

Somewhere Tom Landry posted an organic home remedy insecticide based on garlic juice and some other additives. You might try PMing him for the recipe.

rubbing alchocol or what 70% or 90%

Rubbing alchocol, 70%. I have the same problem. I have no frillin clue what these suckers are, but I do believe they are not good. Kill em as fast and as soon as you see em.

Back