What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera 'Tamlin'

Hi William,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You mean I actually made the COVER???  Well, back cover!  I sure wish I could get a copy of this, there must be a way.  Wow!

Well, I'll try to get an extra copy of the journal for you if you like - I'm ( hopefully! ) going to the society's AGM (Annual General Meeting) near the end of April, and I should (with any luck) be able to pick up a spare copy to send on to you by early May. No promises though!

Willam, that's great! Congrats! By the way, I see what you mean about getting a little fooled into thinking it was a South African species. Some of my D. aliciae grow in such a "humped" manner (for lack of a better term). My first thought when I saw the pic was "Gee. That looks like my aliciae."

Those doggon spatulatas are one variable species, no?

Better late than never...Congrats, Tamlin!

<rubbing my hands> So, when will it be available commercially? Spatulata does not suffer the same fate as capensis here in Singapore...
laugh.gif

Aaaah ha...genius finally recognized.
smile.gif

Sorry for the tardy reply. CONGRATS!!! William, all that hard work is truly beginning to pay off.

Congratulations! I'm so glad to see it published. A beautiful plant named for a beautiful man.
smile.gif
Its a good recognition for a person who's given so much to the CP community.

Now...where's that seed?

Again, thanks for the kind words. Seed should be forthcoming soon as my plants are flowering now, and the plant is a good seed setter. I did send seed to several commercial interests here and abroad, so I suppose it is possible that it will be available at some point. I need to write to them and let them know to change their labels.

Lauderdale, it didn't take any genius to recognize a unique form. Copper, it took very little hard work to write the cultivar description and take a photo ;-) It was harder to determine what the plant actually was, lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ April 09 2004,4:38)]Pondboy,

The seedlings are likely to be D. spatulata "Kansai".
Nah there leafs are too elongated to be D.tokaiensis, looks more like D.capensis I guess I should pot them up individualy before the U.subulata kills them! Lol.

Lol you forgot the space in my name!

D. capensis are a weed in my collection as well. Sorry about the name, I forgot you are spaced out.
biggrin.gif

hee hee...You walked into that one, Pond Boy!

Hey Tamlin, Congrats!! You really deserved being immortalized by a lovely sundew.

Careful, careful....you'll swell my head with all that, and next thing you know someone will think I know something, LOL.

Besides, it's Tamlin, not William that is immortal, and thats all for the best I think.

It's a nice plant that deserves some distinction for what it is.

I have some other immortalization to accomplish now: One will be Drosera "Suzy Q" named after PAK, as well as a VFT "Todd's Terror" named for Ozzy that is my favorite clone out of the many forms I have been graced with.

Then it will be on to "Pyro's Delight" a (so far) unidentified Utricularia with orange-yellow flowers and red bracts collected in Hong Kong.

Never a dull moment, that's the ticket!

Back