Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best temp for my dews

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I cant seem to get these to live healthy. They grow slowly and with no dew drops. I cant understand why. ever sence I got it back from the Lacps they have never had dew again. I have the four tear greenhouse at about 65 degrees all the time. and when you put your hand in the greenhouse you can feel the heavy air with water. I am still looking for a good humidistat. thanks for the replys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What species are we talking about here?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry, you, Flip Side the pint, and WolfPackGurl have the same idea about utilizing the 4-tier greenhouse. Watch the posts on those topics.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

The only drosera i have is a small patch of capensis seedlings all different kinds that have seeds sprincled so close that there is a jungle of them but the bottom ones are starting to die out and I can see the brown under them. also my cheap one from home depot has no dots of dew eather they are all common And I thought they were too finicky. I noticed that in the middle of the day it rised up to 70 degrees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found that D. capensis does not demand the high humidity of a terrarium, and does better for me if grown under conditions of 50% average relative humdity. The real issue with lack of dew is most likely lack of sufficient light: glass and plastic cut off much of the spectrum these plants need for good strong growth. A strong and healthy plant will produce dew, and light is the single greatest factor influencing this.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found that some plants, after taken home, suffer visible shock, that is evident by not producing dew. What has worked for me is to cover them for a fwe days and give them a stable environment. As long as they aren't too far gone, their new leaf growth will produce dew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My terrarium has about 80-90% humitity and my capnesis are dew SOAKED. It's also about 70 degress in their too with lots of light.
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the terrarium for recently acquired plants, or for plants which have been stressed from transport. This is a case where added humidity is beneficial (at least for most species).

Again, the issue I think is not so much with humditiy. If the plants are in a well lit terrarium, they will drip with dew, but this is not a requirement, although it can for sure be a plus.

Like much of CP cultivation, its a play it as you feel it type of thing. One thing I have learned is that if a technique doesn't work, then it is good to change the conditions slowly until you find what works for you.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast