User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Getting out seeds from distilled water

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey my seeds which germintaed in water sprouted, i used a dropper to get them out of the water and place them on the soil mix. the dropper carried water together with the seeds and when they were dropped on the soil, the seedlings got buried under the soil how do i prevent this?
    what are ways to take them out?
    i have another batch of seeds to get out, i need safe methods, i was thinking of using those small pincers things that i use to remove dead leaves, etc, will that work or are the seedlings too sensetive?
    thanks
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a plastic spoon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe a small artists paintbrush? I've used this before for this and similar tasks, with good results.
    Kind regards,

Adam.
    Wales, UK [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm mainly interested in Drosera, Dionaea & Aldrovanda, Hardy Orchids (esp Dactylorhiza), Arums and Ericas (Heaths/Heathers - European + S.African)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting... I've never thought of germinating seeds in water.
    I soak my seeds in water for 3 days before pouring them on to my potting medium.
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't the seeds get soaked into the medium and get buried? My biggest problem with watering overhead (misting or watering can - raining) is the fear that my seeds will get buried, only now learned to use tray watering. Well, I though of replicating nature... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't the seeds get soaked into the medium and get buried? My biggest problem with watering overhead (misting or watering can - raining) is the fear that my seeds will get buried, only now learned to use tray watering. Well, I thought of replicating nature... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]