What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera spatulata flower stalk

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Even though I have several D. spatulata I decide to purchase the last two remaining from a shipment that had been kicking around for a few weeks, because they were sending up flower stalks. As usual, any CP "kicking around" Home Depot for a few weeks, is in bad shape. Their dew was gone and the soil wa dry, but the plants were still alive. I got them for half price. After getting them home, one of them was definitely in shock and its stalk stopped progressing. It didn't shrivel up but it stopped growing. The other didn't miss a beat and I can see dark flowers peaking through the green. Today I noticed that both plants are actually sending up a new stalk.

Question: Will the in shock stalk eventually give up or can it get its act together? Has anyone ever experienced this phenomenon?

It might die from so much energy loss I suppose, or it might just grow smaller leaves and grow very slow for a couple months.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ April 22 2004,5:50)]It might die from so much energy loss I suppose, or it might just grow smaller leaves and grow very slow for a couple months.
no, hes asking if the stalk will start growing again

It should, long as its not wilty or browny

It has been in that state for the past two weeks. It is still green and I see pink peering through, but it is much smaller than the other one. A second stalk is now appearing from both plants. New leaves are producing dew.

It sounds as if the plants are recovering well. That which grows does not die, lol. They should be fine.

Thanx!

Back