What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. intermedia, aliciae, &madagacariensis

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Which one of these plants is easiest to grow?
D. intermedia "cuba"
D. intermedia "North Carolina" (am thinking of because I live in NC)
D. intermedia(unknown LOL)
D. aliciae
D. madagacariensis “bostwana”

I need some grow tips, along with what conditions soil etc. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, as I am think of getting one of these in a trade.

Later,
Wes
cool.gif

D.intermedia "cuba" is incredibly easy Use a mix of either 50\50 washed (preferably)peat\sand or 75\25 washed peat perlite.

Btw I just harvested 2 packs of seed(Each with 2 pods worth each so these are realy full)
smile.gif

D. intermedia "cuba"

***An easy tropical species with no dormancy requirement. Standard tropical care, a bit on the wet side, and almost aquatic suits this species. Like all Drosera it wants MUCH light. 50/50 washed silica sand/peat.***

D. intermedia "North Carolina" (am thinking of because I live in NC)

***As above, but this is a temperate species requiring a cold dormancy ala VFT culture.***

D. intermedia(unknown LOL)

***Either it will form a hibernacula when the photoperiod goes below 11 hrs. daylength or it won't. In either case, see above.***

D. aliciae

***Easy South African tropical. Mix as above, no dormancy.***

D. madagacariensis “bostwana”

***Another South African tropical species. If it dies back just keep the pot in tray water as normal and itt will regrow over time.***

Tropical Drosera care requires a clean mineral free medium, good pure water via a tray watering system, much light, warm days with a 5-10 degree night time drop. All these plants are self fertile and set seed.***

Grow on!

Do they need HIGH humidity, as in a growchamber? I am leaning towards either the cuba or north carolina.

Reltive humidity of 40-80% should suit all these plants. If you have these conditions outdoors or grow VFT's and Pitcher Plants like this, these Drosera species will also grow just fine, especially if started from seed. If it is a plant, you will need to adjust the plant(s) slowly over time to outdoor culture.

ok thanx.

Wesley,

My mistake, it is Carlina giant. I can send both and make it easy on you.
biggrin.gif

They will do fine.

As a matter of fact I have so many bostwana and aliciae that you can have those as well.

Plants or seeds on all, but the bostwana. That will have to be plant.

Oh, thanks.

Back