Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drosera natalensis "coccicaulis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian,

Rico's plant looks like what I "expect" Drosera natalensis to look like, from past cultivation experience.

It is interesting that the form which closely resembles D. aliciae is seggregated from it partially by virtue of the lax and open rosettes: the basal leaves do not persist as in D. aliciae. The seed pods are also more oblong vs round which is another determinator to tell these two apart.

For me, D. natalensis is a shy flowering species, occasionally not setting seed. Thank you very much for your effort in getting seed from Rico. I am patient ;-). When I first saw Rico's photos I was delighted to see once more the form I had grown many years ago.

Pond boy, I had no idea you were a budding taxonomist. You will be a valuable addition to the community......provided you survive, that is!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn`t I? I mean I survived acute idiopathic pancreatitis,and copperhead snake bite!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why wouldn`t I? I mean I survived acute idiopathic pancreatitis,and copperhead snake bite!
    Ha! That pales in comparrison to a jargon slinging William! Good luck keeping you head from spinning....
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you are one of the luckiest and the unluckiest soldier's I have met. Tough too. So, no more surprises, ok? - and watch out for meteorites. Sheesh.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a good side to bitten by US snake, a least was not an Australian snake got you. We have the charming prize of having the top 10 deadly land snake in the world. Taipans, King Brown, Brown, Black, Tigers and Dead adder to name a few. We also have very interesting spiders, jellyfishs, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, go spit in Australia and you either hit a fabulously rare plant or a deadly snake. Its sort of a Yin Yang thing I think.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh...lets refrain from mentioning spinning heads... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snakes are not that bad, most run, except in breeding season. To be honest when I lived in Eastern Australia I was more worry about the bloody Funnel-webs (BTW did you know Funnel webs can only hurt primates and new born baby mice, all other mammals are not effected) and the bulldog ant (This bugger grows to 1 1/2" and you do know when you are bitten for next 8 hours or so.) and it's relative the Jumping ant (It chases you!!) and for plants, a pleasant walk in the rainforest included dodge the stinging trees ( Think of a stinging nettle. A very BIG stinging nettle.) we had two varieties were I live Bad and very Bad. Up in QLD some species are called happy moments. Why? because when the pain finally goes away it's happy moments. After six months of pain you can't blame them.
    Anyone want to come down under? At least we don't have bears,wolves and tigers (maybe Yowies) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast