User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two interesting drosera (including flower details)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Last week, two of my Drosera flowered. Both are really interesting, especially the flower details. I tried my best to show all details.

Drosera experts, its your turn now [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

http://virtuelle.gefil.de/~chrusty/unknown/

The images are labeled as plant a and plant b.

I got plant a as Drosera aliciae 'Tsitsika near Toopish' and
    plant b as Drosera spec. 57

Thanks in advance.

(I will use your opinions for my own research. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,Rico
    Great pictures,i like the plant_a_flower_1.jpg & plant_b_flower_2.jpg

rex
    hong kong cps gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rico,
    Can you tell us the diameter of the flowers? Might be helpfull. They do look a lot like my aliciae flowers....but I'm not expert, that's for sure.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rico,

As i already told you, i don't think the first plant (a) is Drosera aliciae. The styles of my Drosera aliciae are less divides and the flower colour is a bit different, as is the rosette. I would rather say, this is a D. natalensis.

As for the second plant (b) i don't really have an idea. It looks a bit like D. dielsiana. But the flower is somehow atypical for D. dielsiana (too much divided styles).

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rico,

Looks a bit like slakii, or deilsiana, or maybe a cross between the two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Rico,

Both plants appear to be intermediate forms within the D. natalensis/aliciae complex. My impression is that the first plant in in character closest to D. natalensis, but with some obvious relationship with D. aliciae as well. I note the roundness of the seedpods is more evident than in D. natalensis, but otherwise what I see conforms well with D. natalensis. The flowers resemple D. "Coccicaulis" in my own collection, so I think that here we are seeing this highly variable species.

Plant B I would name D. dielsiana, despite the division of the styles. The flower and scape so much resemble D. dielsiana. Although the flower seems darker than in some I grow, there is that slight darker shading seen at the petals base that always speaks of D. dielsiana to me. A very good character for determining D. dielsiana would be the ovoid seed, to 0.4mm long by 0.2mm maximum diameter with minutely longitudinally grooved surface which are distince from both D. aliciae and D. natalensis in which the seeds are characteristically narrowly fusiform, brown or blackish-brown 0.5 to 0.6mm long by 0.1mm maximum diameter.

Seed has often been used in the South African's as a good determinator.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flowers of plant a is 1cm in diameter and the flower of plant b is 1,4cm in diameter. The flower of plant b was really dark. I had never seen such a flower before. I compared it with my South African Drosera in cultivation.

(I agree with William, plant a=natalensis and plant b=dielsiana . This is my opinion, too. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to harvest seeds of both plants. If I am successfull, I will post pictures of seed structure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast