What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. erythrorhiza ssp. magna

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
erythrorhiza%20magna%20opened%201.JPG

erythrorhiza%20prey%20close%20up.JPG

Oh, my! My tongue drags in the empty dust where should be growing one of these stunning plants <cry>.

That's really cool! How is that for cultivation difficulty? It looks like a cross betweena ping and a drosera!
wow.gif

I have never managed to germinate the seed. It might take fire stratification to get the seed to stratify. GA3 didn't work either.

Rex,
If you see the amount of bushfire that happen in Australia you understand. you can try smoke water for germination. It paper disc impreganted with chemicals that are released during fires. And remember with all extra help it can take over 18 monthes for germination
sad.gif

khoas,
thanks for your informations
wink.gif

rex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ April 30 2004,3:52)]That's really cool!  How is that for cultivation difficulty?  It looks like a cross betweena ping and a drosera!  
wow.gif
So far it is easy but I only just picked it up so I don't have a ton of experience with it per say. Right now the goal is to acclimate it to this hemisphere, I think I am going to let it stay in the crawlspace till July and then move it to my deck. I am hoping that it will drop to tuber and then come back again in November/December when it gets good and cool outside. It worked for my stolonifera and gigantea.

Back