Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D. erythrorhiza ssp. magna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant

And some cool close ups

'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful plant. Going to have to add to the old wish list. Congrats on all the healthy looking plants. You must have a way.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way is blind stinking luck and a crawlspace that stay at about 65F all the time. Great place for out of synch Aussie plants and highland plants
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done with the erythrorhiza, certainly not one of the easiest species to grow. I know, I had couple of shocking years with my erythrorhiza's [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]
    One thing I have notice about species such as erythrorhiza and whittakerii is they don't colour up like they do in the wild when in cultivation. It not the amount of sunlight. It something lacking in the soil. I seen Drosera whittakerii in wild.You do see the normal green leaf, red tentacles plants but many will have red, deep purple, sometime even orange in leaves. I find you see these forms often in red or orange clayey soils. The erythrorhiza it often found in laterite soil which contain fair bit of iron. While I have not seen erythrorhiza in the wild, the photos I have seen show plants with a large range of colours Photos of erythrorhiza ssp magna in the wild are stunning.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW. Gorgeous plant there Travis. Yeah...another one to lust after.

Wonderful macro shots. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] I enjoyed that.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great one Pyro: your temperature (perhaps) explain me why mine just didn't grow much before stepping back in dormancy: it was about 80F where it grew... :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow great plant/pics! I'd never heard of this plant, when I saw the pics I thought of d. schizandra. I assume its tuberous, right? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It common name is Red Ink Sundew. The first white settlers in WA uses the tubers to make a red ink for writting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast