What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transplant now, or should i wait?

Hi everyone, i would like to know your opinions on whether or not to transplant my D.capensis now or to wait. The reason i might wait is because it just had its last flowers close a few days ago, and the plant doesnt look the strongest right now. I would hate to kill the plant by transplanting now, but it really needs it roots are starting to grow out the bottom of the pot.

If i transplant now do you think i will lose the plant? what about the seeds in the flowers?

Thanks in advance
Ktulu

go ahead and transplant it. they are very hardy. I have to literally weed the little ones out of the bigger plants. I just yank em and replant them. haven't had one go south yet. good luck.

If you take care not to damage the roots most Drosera can be transplanted at any time. You might need to cut the pot open around the roots if they are coming out of the holes so as not to damage them.

Thanks for the input, i think im gonna try to repot it today. Cutting the pot open will be near impossible since it is glass and i don't anything to do that with. I think i will just be very carefull with it and hope for the best

Thanks again
Ktulu

Back