Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. indica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I will move them to the lowland tank that remains between 80 to 90 degrees.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm... odd. my house (and the grow area) usally doesn't get warmer than about 76 or so... From the amout sprouted I would say the germination rate was very good. I guess that was close enough.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not be suprise if some forms do break the rules, Drosera indica is due for revision as group, it extremely variable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not fully sure it is a myth. I have had an interesting observation with this plant the number of times I have grown it. I will sow the seed and a good number will germinate but only 2-3 plants will actually grow and take off. All the others seem to arrest at seedling stage. This goes on until one of the larger plants dies at which point 1-2 of the arrested plants will take off. I had a pot which I sowed seed in go for over 2 years (and no it was not reseeding in the pot) like this and it is happening in my current pot. One of the 2 mature plants I had flowered and set seed (all of which was collected and none of which went back in the pot) and now there are 2 plants accelerating growth from what were miniscule guys.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just pm'd Forbes about D. hartmeyerorem. Allen Lowrie probably does have seed of that species and many location forms of D. indica. he would have D. hartmeyerorem listed under one of the D. indicas, as he has known about those since the 80s, but he has been trying to work on the taxonomics of D. indica, and I don't think he ever thought about classifying D. hartmeyerorem as a new species. I am not sure what would have happed if someone had actually ordered that seed before it was found by The Hartmeyer's, lol.
    There are a lot of size differences and colors between D. indica forms.
    It's pretty obvious it's a odd little plant, based on the responses here.
    Most people say to grow it warm. Since Seandew knows the location of that form, you would think it would respond to cooler temps it naturally grows in. Are the African forms S. Africa, or a more hot Africa locations(ie does anyone know off the top of their head)?

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Allen Lowrie sell seed? Hey Griffin, how'd you go to his website/seed list?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pyro: That is very interesting! My seedlings are still in the same pot I sowed them in and all are growing at the same rate. I'm thinking of planting a few out and a few in the same pot to see what really happens... In my enviroment at least...
    Joe- I have no idea... William you arround? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Copper- any germination yet?
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12