What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera neocaledonica

Hi,
I got a 1 inch one at bacps, and there isn't much information about this plant on the internet. I know how to care for it since I asked peter d'amato at cc, but does anyone have any information about the plant? Thanks,

Matt

D.neocaledonica originates from New Caledonia. I grow it outdoors as a subtropical without any problems.

wow.gif
I heard that that is a REALLY rare plant! Make sure you get some cuttings!
wink.gif

It is rare, but more difficult to grow Spec. I heard they should be grown very wet, but don't take any Drosera advice from me! I go by hersay for Drosera species!
tounge.gif

This plant is a royal pain. I have attempted probably close to 100 of these blokes and lost 85% of them. The best success I am having is growing them in my crawlspace with my highland plants in LFS that is kept only damp. They strike easy from leaf cuttings but that is about all I can say about them

I grow them outdoors with low humidity during the day and high humidity at night and on the tray. The plant has recently sent up a flower scape.

I'm going to attempt growing it with my n. bicalcarata, since its a tropical one and peter d'amato told me too (and it works for him that way). Thanks for the advice everyone
smile.gif

I got three plantlets from seed 6 months ago and they are all staying very small (3 mm) always with 3 or 4 leaves. I think they need highland temps and my temps are too high for them (between 20C and 30C).

You will need patience with this species, it is slow growing in my collection. CPk2, the flowers are very lovely on this species, and the glandular scape is very picturesque. Flowering is an accomplishment, so congratulations!

Back