Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera adelea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, that's cool. Does it produce grapes?

Definitely not enough light. It's 'stretching' (etioliating?) towards the window.

Edit: On second thought, it's trying to escape the 'Goosebumps'.

It looks to me like all of those plants are getting far too little light, if those domes all have plants under them. D. adelae is more tolerant than most of low light, so if it looks like that, i can only imagine...
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take leaf cutting as safety precaution

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some cognitive dissonance: I've had one since November and have moved it four times, transplanting three. It has been indoors the whole time and has several plantlets. The leaves are green and the tentacles are red. It now sits open tray, in a mixture of LFS, peat, and sand, at a window sill. Guess I haven't tried hard enough to kill it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i stuck a leaf in a test tube of spagnum and 7 plants grew off it. I will move the plant maybe outside because i moved one of its off shoots outside and it got a really nice red color to it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm growing my first d.Prolifera. I've got it in an 8" fish bowl. It's still planted in the 3" pot I purchased it in. The bowl has 1/2" charcoal at the bottom with about an inch of peat moss over that. The pot is setting on top with dried long-fibered sphagnum up to the rim of the pot. There are a couple of new leaves sprouting. My question to some experienced grower out there is: How long does this species usually take to begin sending out shoots to form new plantlets? I snipped off two plantlets that came with the parent plant and transplanted them into a small terrarium with 100% long-fibered sphagnum. That was about a week ago and they seem to be adapting well. Both plants have started to send up tiny new leaves.
    Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time would be variable depending on the circumstances of your conditions. I grew my plants from leaves. I would estimate it took about a year and a half before the plants I got flowered and made runners. I would think that your offsets would take about that much time.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12