User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tuberous drosera question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a question for all the tuberous Drosera growers out there. I have a great specimine of D. stolonifera that grew wonderful for me from October until about a month ago when it started to yellow as you would expect. I was going to begin drying the pot but now I have hit a snag, you see there 3 new plants coming up strong and green. This puts me in a quandy. Do I dry the pot and sacrafice the new plants? Do I keep the pot wet for the new plants and run the risk of rotting the tubers of the plants that are going dormant? Do I keep it just moist and hope to hold the balance perfectly enough to ensure the survival of both the tubers and the growing plants?
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting position you are in. I have two stolonifera seedling which grew until Feburary, then went dormant until April and begun growing again. I keep the pot cool and damp thoughout whole period.
    I would say that the young plants will throw down tubers in a while and then go dormant. I would keep the pot damp and cool until then. There is some chance that the main tuber will not rot. I found Drosera auriculata, peltata, ramellosa, and sometimes stolonifera will handle damp conditions though dormancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the problem might be solving itself because 3 of the 4 new sprouts are starting the slow die back. So I guess I'll just dry the pot and leave it at that.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--