Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. spathulata very new, very basic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest when you begin to give your plants sunlight that you start with just morning and late afternoon sun, broken in some way. Go slowly: until the plants start looking red there is danger of sunburn, and you have mentioned the plant is not strong. Once it starts grwing well, the light can be increased.

I would also advise that you find a way to keep your mix less wet. Vigorous Sundews can take a good deal of less wet conditions. If I were to squeeze the root ball my plants are in, it would only drip a little bit. They don't appreciate sitting in stagnant water.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The subtle sunlight has seemed to make the world of differnce. I have very little water at the bottom of the bin in order to make the conditions less wet, I will be moving them once again as soon as I can get a better recovery. They already appear to making dew [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

However, there seems to be large amounts of gnat larvae. I noticed several crawling around, should I take care of them or will they take care of themselves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The larve are not a good thing. Once your plant shows it is happy and growing, I would probably transplant it into clean new mix and have done with the worry. These plants are not very sensitive to transplant, provided you dont break the roots.

If the plants don't take I can send you more for postage to experiment with.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,
    First of all, Thank you. I have everything needed for the transplant, Im just going to wait for her to turn around a little more, so in about a week I will transplant. I am very grateful for your generous offer, I will get back to you on that one definately, I just dont have the time at the moment to take on anything new [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] . But I am finding the CP world to be most enjoyable, and this site has made my experience even better, thanks again.
    Cody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12