Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera graminifolia update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how that works as far as rarity. The three sisters from Queensland, Australia grow in small locations, and they have all been around for a long time. I guess it depends on how quick somebody gets them into cultivation.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there has been a lot of thrust in that direction by what I see. I just don't understand why the scapes with the most flowers set no seeds, while the 2 measley seed pods on the runt were as full as D. capensis pods! If the amount of seed in those 2 pods is an indication, this species is a prolific seed setter. This is a Royal plant and deserves much wider circulation than the last decade has seen.

I have already sowed some seed, so my fingers are crossed for bountiful germination.

My next species of focus will be Drosera communis and Drosera roraimae. My seedlings are growing at a good rate! It will be fun to get these species into circulation!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin wrote:
    "on the tops of needles of rock sticking up in the clouds, deep in the middle of a rain forest in Brazil"

Jason wrote:
    "? WEIRD...is right! Is the species a tropical"

Well not exactly..... to say D.graminifolia grows on mountains jutting out from the rain forest would be the same as imagining that the Rocky Mountains are in the middle of the Great Plains....

Rainforests are centered in Northern and Coastal Brazil. The Espinhaço Highlands, where D.graminifolia is found, are several hundred km inland...

Take care,
    Fernando

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12