What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera pulchella x ericksoniae

I finally caught my D. pulchella x ericksoniae flowering. Here's a picture:

pulchella%20x%20ericksoniae.sized.JPG

[larger image]

hope you enjoy!

The largest growing of all the pygmy species I have grown, this particular hybrid was created in England by the emminent taxonomist and Drosera expert Alastair Culham. My first rosette of this plant produced close to 700 gemmae and over 100 flowers in its first season in my care. I have rosettes 50 cent piece sized, and a beautiful rich golden color. It is also one of the most forgiving species. I have had it in mix as dry as peat right out of the bag, and the rosettes were shining with dew. It returned after a 27F freeze (although it was not happy about it). If it didn't produce gemmae and lack petiole hairs I would take it for a petiolaris species. It is a truly wonderful Drosera, and one I would like to someday register as D. 'Alastair Culham' in tribute to its progenitor.

700 GEMMAE
OMG!!!!
thats a massive amount...
it must be a weed in your collection
biggrin.gif

luckky u!!
i like the flowers on yours noah, they are very nice
biggrin.gif

Tamlin, the ones you sent me are all cramped up so therfore can't grow any bigger then a dime... there must be at least 25+ in there so repotting is not an option. I'm satified though because they are all flowering and its quite a site. Noah, yours seem a little on the green side. How do you grow yours? Mine are all a shade of orange and red.

Back