What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weed id

Hi all!
I noticed a few weeks ago that I've got a weed growing in with my VFT. It's got big enough to photo now, and I think it's some kind of Drosera. It doesn't look like any kind that I'm growing though. Maybe it's a dormant seed from when the VFT was planted? Anyway, I'm going to grow it and plant it on when it gets a little bigger. Sorry about the size of the photo, dialup users!
weed.jpg

That's always a pleasant surprise! It does look like a Drosera. You'll have to keep us posted on what kind it is.

Meet...........a drosera!
Thare is LOADS of them growing in my pot of U.bisquamata"bettys bay"

Probably D. spatulata, but it is hard to tell. Post a photo when it grows out a little.

I will do. It seems to be quite slow growing, but I'm sure it'll pick up as it gets some sun on those leaves.

Also could be Drosera capensis, need wait until it bigger to be sure.

I can never differentiate any dosera when its still a baby - definetly let it grow a little (and I'll still have problems. When not looking in detail I suppose...)

Yeah, I have one growing next to my D. Adelae. Im also wondering. When I first saw it, I thought it was a spat. I then compared it to a spat seedling (I know that this seedling was defenitley a spat) and they looked kinda different. Then again like Jason Wong said, its hard to distinguish.

Back